SALARY: 80-100 EUR OTE + Benefits and Relocation Package
Our client is a global IT Hardware and Services organisation delivering business aligned consultancy, solutions and services across all major vendor platforms. The company is looking for strong Solution Architects to join its rapidly expanding teams in London, Amsterdam, Madrid and Milan.
The Technology Services Practice is an EMEA-wide service unit that drives thought leadership through Insights advisory and Consulting Services, deployed by a market leading eco‐system of Service Alliance Partners. Our client creates and deploys market-leading solutions by combining the insights and experience of expert technology experts and its Service Partner Ecosystem.
The Practice establishes and maintains a constructive and trustful relationship with Service Partners and strategic vendors in order to create long‐lasting partnerships. It demonstrates this through the complementary alignment of services with key vendor propositions and the delivery of best‐in‐class IT solutions & services in a joint approach with Service Partners. The Practice delivers end-to-end discovery, strategic planning and implementation of all elements in a modern hybrid‐Cloud IT environment.
The successful candidates will be based in London, Amsterdam, Milan or Madrid and cover the EMEA region. There will be more than 50% travel with this role. The team is a great and fun team that enjoys challenges, collaboration and seeing customers succeed
The Hybrid Cloud Architect has a field-based role and is a Subject Matter Expert in Cloud Technologies. This expert is widely recognised by colleagues, partners, vendors and clients as a strategic technology leader through their proactive evangelising of Cloud technology applications in business. The role holder will deliver chargeable Assessment, Design and Architecture Services to clients to define Cloud workload migration from the Data Centre into the Cloud. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a good level of knowledge, regarding leading Cloud technologies and organisations – supporting, cloud migration and competitive-win opportunities. Success is defined by successfully architecting solutions to customers that are ‘right first time’, that deliver outstanding customer satisfaction and are completed within time and budget assigned.
- Project delivery experience within one or more of the following Microsoft technology areas:
- Azure, Office 365, .NET, Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange
- 5+ years of Architectural Design experience in complex Cloud Projects and moving Data Centre workloads to the Cloud
- TOGAF certified
- Experience of working with a recognised project management methodology such as PRINCE2 or PMI to deliver complex solutions and lead multiple across multiple employees/partner/vendors
- Experience delivering successful projects with customers who demand the highest standards
- Strong communication style with the maturity to be able to adjust their style to get the best from the situation
- Excellent presentation skills, and proficient in the use of a variety of presentation tools
- Good self-awareness and able to identify when Influencing and/or negotiation skills are needed.
- Experience of developing accurate and concise project documentation that will be used by colleagues and customers
- Improvement-focused approach and able to recommend improvements to process
- Experience delivering and leading technical engagements, technical knowledge and the maturity to be accepted as an expert in their technology field.
- A team player - share, reuse and help the team evolve
- A can-do attitude that always puts the customer first.
SPECIFIC SKILLS - APPLICATION FOCUS
The primary purpose of the role is to help the customer to select the right applications to move to Hybrid Cloud services and the right approach. Individuals who can demonstrate this type of experience first-hand will be strongly favoured, the following illustrates the types of skills which are important in this role.
- Formal Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF/Zachman/Etc.) Certification and/or formal Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Certification and/or Agile/DevOps Certifications.
- Formal Technical Qualifications in Microsoft Azure, VMWare or AWS Cloud Services.
- Experience designing and implementing Microsoft SaaS technologies such as Office 365, Dynamics and SharePoint.
- Experience mapping applications across an Enterprise environment, including clearly defined dependency mapping and application migration/re-platform analytics.
- Experience designing and implementing Application Middleware Services, such as BizTalk, LogicApps or WebSphere - from both an infrastructure architecture, and an application centric, perspective.
- Experience designing and implementing API Services in a Hybrid Cloud Environment.
- Experience designing and implementing a range of structured and unstructured data storage systems, which support Application services. E.g. MS SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, DocumentDB, Blobs, Queues, Tables, etc.
- Experience of formal modelling techniques such as UML and Enterprise Architecture Tools.
- Experience / Exposure to Docker, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins and wider continuous development and integration techniques.
- Experience of managing cloud applications though Integrated Development Environments (IDE) and particular Visual Studio Online.
- Strong working knowledge of application licensing within Virtualised environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Identity and Access Management services for Application Services.
- Strong working knowledge of application security and application testing services.