Salary: 180-200,000 GPB OTE plus excellent benefits incl. pension, private healthcare, car allowance, etc
Location: UK – Sheffield, London or Manchester area
Our client is a globally recognised IT Services and Solutions organisation delivering business aligned consultancy, solutions and services across all major vendor platforms.
The company’s Managed Services Business Unit provides Managed Services as standardized IT offerings as well as a core component of its Cloud-centric solutions. The target customers are Corporate customers across EMEA and Enterprise customers for selective solutions. The Managed Services Business Unit is a key pillar for the company’s growth strategy as an Intelligent Solutions provider.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Director will run the EMEA Managed Services Business Unit, building and maintaining a clear vision that drives total Client satisfaction whilst meeting specific revenue and AGP goals. The Director will develop a world-class practise with the key components aligned to Client and business needs. The Director will closely align with company EMEA &Hosting & CSP business as well as with the VP Managed Services in the US and operations teams in APAC.
The Director of MS has the end-to-end responsibility for the EMEA MS business. The role holder is accountable for the MS business meeting agreed revenue, cost and utilization targets in addition to developing and providing high-end Cloud and IT Managed Services.
- Translating corporate strategy into BU plans and processes understood by the team and the rest of the business
- Further developing the MS long-term strategy with a strong focus on Cloud managed services
- Defining clear execution priorities, developing a business plan and the execution roadmap and timeline
- Understanding the Business Unit’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Aligning closely with the Hybrid Cloud, Modern Workplace and Hosting & CSP Directors to jointly shape the roadmap for Cloud managed services
- Building-out and operating the business application architecture and the MS systems
- Creating transparency through state of the art reporting systems working closely with the company’s Business Intelligence, Finance and Services & Solutions Operations
- Driving operational performance
- Anticipating the impact of decisions on the internal/external client experience
- Being knowledgeable of industry trends and regulations impacting the organisation.
- Organising and managing multiple EMEA Teams including performance, reporting and the overall P&L.
- Evaluating the business portfolio and determining the appropriate range of markets and activities.
- Developing unique strategies for the Company to achieve and sustain competitive advantage.
- Writing business plans which include detailed market and financial analysis.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Designing and operating Cloud and Hybrid Cloud based IaaS / PaaS offerings
- Innovative IT solutions / Cloud experience
- Strong business acumen translating business requirements to IT strategies
- Capable of leading CXO level engagements, influencing strategy.
- Consulting Practise Expertise: Pre-Sales & Consulting Delivery; proven track record in driving profitability and customer satisfaction directly or indirectly
- Managed Services Expertise: Strong background in building and managing Managed Services businesses, demonstrated through significant experience gained with a leading Service Provider or IT Outsourcing company
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Good customer relationship management skills and ability to interface seamlessly with Teammates
- Must be an excellent motivator with clear messaging and ability to execute effectively
- Management Skills: Ability to lead sophisticated subject matter experts across different regions and cultures within EMEA and be able to demonstrate a track record of having done this successfully in previous roles
- Candidates will most likely have a background with organizations like Vodafone, British Telecom, Deutsche Telekom or HP
Minimum of 10 years’ management experience in providing Managed Services with increasing levels of management responsibility
Work experience developing end-to-end managed infrastructure offerings within a large Service Provider / Telco
Experience in building and operating Service Provider grade managed services solutions for managed Hybrid Cloud offerings
Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies (IaaS / PaaS)
University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
PMI or PRINCE2 to Foundation level
Fluency in spoken and written English
PMI or PRINCE2 to Practitioner level
Other European languages a plus
Work experience outside of the UK
Management Effectiveness - the ability to clearly delegate tasks and decisions as well as share responsibility and accountability; establish clear direction, stretch objectives and measure results. Distribute work appropriately in a well-planned and organised manner. Keeps the lines of communication open and
- Sets aligned teammate goals to drive departmental objectives
- Holds teammates accountable for achieving objectives
- Delegates role and responsibilities based on teammates development level
- Provides feedback and invites 2-way feedback
- Cascades relevant information and ensures it is understood
- Identifies and obtains resources needed for the team to accomplish goals
Business Acumen - Knowledge of how businesses work, current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting businesses. Understanding of the competition and awareness of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. The ability to pick up on technical things quickly, learn new skills and knowledge, including learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Demonstrates expertise in own functional area
- Writes business plans
- Understands all business drivers impacting how the company makes money
Team Development - The skills to hire the best people available from inside and outside the business, selects strong people with the right attitudes, skills and knowledge to meet the needs of the business. Develops high-performing teams
- Skilled at interviewing and making hiring decisions based on technical and organisational fit
- Holds development discussions and is aware of each direct report’s career goals
- Helps teammates construct and execute development plans
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to develop team mates on the job and linked to their development needs
- Quickly addresses non-performance to elevate overall team performance
Relationship Building – Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships. Use of diplomacy and tact. Able to find common ground and solve problems for all while representing one’s own interests
- Understands why teams do what they do, what they value and how to motivate them
- Shows genuine concern for in the work and non-work lives of direct reports
Effective Communication - The ability to present in a variety of settings including one-to-one, small and large groups across a variety of audiences including peers, direct reports, clients and leaders as applicable. The ability to write or speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles, getting messages across with the desired effect. Provides the information people need to make accurate decisions, to know how to do their jobs and feel good about being a member of the team and business
- Uses all communication channels to ensure teammates receive the information they need to perform at their best
- Commands attention and can manage group process
- Communicates to ensure personal and team objectives are understood
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
If you are interested in discussing this exciting opportunity, please contact Lynda directly at +49179 2448630 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org