Undertake the full development lifecycle of a Global Progress Application.
- Produce high quality software solutions within time and budget.
- Provide technical software support of existing applications to an agreed SLA.
- Work within a team and focus on continuous improvement and learning.
- Working closely with Customers, IT Analyst team, Process engineering & Operational teams.
- Attending and participating in solution design workshops.
- Delivery of software to specification and to meet solution design and customer requirements with appropriate sign-offs.
- Communication and liaison with all key stakeholders.
- Support/Assist project test phases – QA, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Review and approval of delivered software prior to promotion into production environments.
- Facilitate and support onsite deployments through warranty periods.
- Candidates must be available to travel internationally to support customer deployments as and when required.
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a related field or relevant industry experience
5+ years development experience of successfully delivering development projects in a commercial environment
Knowledge and understanding of:
Unix/Linux Operating System
Object Oriented development especially within Open Edge Database and schemas with capability to develop and interpret detailed and complex technical documentation
EDI messaging and Enterprise Integration solutions
The Supply Chain/Logistics industry
Source code control applications and how they fit into the SDLC
Networking and optimisation of applications to operate over a WANMS SQL, .NET, MySQL, PHP, LINUX OSCSS and skills including web design
Web Server Experience IIS/Apache
Ability to adapt to new technologies and ideas
Proactive can-do attitude and work ethic
Good business process analysis skills
A strong service and business focus
The ability to work under pressure and deliver to changing business demand
Excellent written and verbal communication
Ability to apply creativity and critical thinking to problem solving solutions
Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams and remote customers across numerous geographies and time zones