Salary: Highly competitive + company bonus and relocation assistance
Our client is one of the largest, most successful public companies worldwide. With 55,000 employees in 170 countries, this company offers a wide range of financial products, solutions and advisory services. Major international surveys consistently rank our client among the “Top 10 Big Companies to Work For”.
Manage all development activities required to deliver Big data solutions to meet the Business needs. This new role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of Big Data Lake.
• Work with the Big Data delivery team to help implement the new data lake platform; define & implement a data integration and workflow framework that provides for the loading of data, data integration, quality management, aggregation, joins etc. and distribution to various systems using advanced Big data technologies.
• Develop and design data processing workflows adhering to the company’s platform guidelines and standards in order to satisfy the functional and non-functional requirements for extract, load and transformation routines.
• Ensure, in collaboration with Solution Designer and platform manager, scalable and high performance solutions.
• Provide application support for IT related problems in the area of data processing workflows.
• Develop and maintain scalable data management and analytic solutions using Hive, Hbase , Informatica etc.
• Participate in the research, design and development of scaling strategies for our client’s very large and growing data assets
• Hands on technical role; contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including the analysis, architecture, design, implementation, and QA
• Constant learning and application of the newest features to ensure up to date solutions.
• Write technical documentation to ensure maintainability of developed application.
• Support Analysis & Design process from a technical and feasibility point of view.
• Ensures peer reviews and unit tests are prepared and conducted across the entire team.
• Responsible for provision of effort estimates required to develop software.
• Transition Structured Query Language (SQL) and file system application data stores to a Big Data scalable framework where appropriate.
• Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures, including security policies.
• Maintain an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the Big data technology deployed in the business area.
• Follow all change control procedures and puts in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A very strong SQL/data analysis or data mining background, experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, common/reusable components, Audit Controls, ETL Framework.
• Solid understanding of large scale data management environments (relational and/or NoSQL).
• +3 Years of experience in building massively scalable distributed data processing solutions with Hadoop, HBase & Hive.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Continuous Integration/Test Driven Development and Code Analysis including its application within the software development lifecycle.
• +2 years of experience in the development of ETL routines preferably Informatica Big Data edition.
• Experience in the development and configuration of RESTAPIs.
• Experience in agile IT development methodologies (e.g:. SCRUM).
• Prior experience working in a financial services environment desirable, preferably insurance
• Ability to work effectively in a global organization, under time pressure and to manage ambiguity.
• Bachelor Degree (IT), Master degree or Technical Diploma or equivalent
• Good English skills (Written & Oral).
• Strong knowledge of Informatica PowerCenter toolset.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Very high desire to constantly learn and improve the usage of the ETL tools to achieve best in class results for the solutions. • Any proven certification/training in Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica BDE, IDQ. • Able to work under pressure in a multi-vendor and multi-cultural team. • Flexible, agile and adaptive to change. • Customer-focused approach. • Analytical capabilities. • Attaining of goals. • Innovation
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please call Lynda at +49179 2448630 or send an email to email@example.com and we will call you back asap.