CLOUD SOLUTION ARCHITECT - DATA FOCUS
Location: London, Amsterdam, Madrid or Milan
SALARY: 80-120 EUR/GBP OTE + BENEFITS AND RELOCATION SUPPORT.
Our client is a global IT Hardware and Services organisation delivering business aligned consultancy, solutions and services across all major vendor platforms. The company is looking for strong Solution Architects to join its rapidly expanding teams in London, Amsterdam, Madrid and Milan.
The Technology Services Practice is an EMEA-wide service unit that drives thought leadership through Insights advisory and Consulting Services, deployed by a market leading eco‐system of Service Alliance Partners. Our client creates and deploys market-leading solutions by combining the insights and experience of expert technology experts and its Service Partner Ecosystem.
The Practice establishes and maintains a constructive and trustful relationship with Service Partners and strategic vendors in order to create long‐lasting partnerships. It demonstrates this through the complementary alignment of services with key vendor propositions and the delivery of best‐in‐class IT solutions & services in a joint approach with Service Partners. The Practice delivers end-to-end discovery, strategic planning and implementation of all elements in a modern hybrid‐Cloud IT environment.
The successful candidates will be based in London, Amsterdam, Milan or Madrid and cover the EMEA region. There will be more than 50% travel with this role. The team is a great and fun team that enjoys challenges, collaboration and seeing customers succeed
The Hybrid Cloud Architect has a field-based role and is a Subject Matter Expert in Cloud Technologies. This expert is widely recognised by colleagues, partners, vendors and clients as a strategic technology leader through their proactive evangelising of Cloud technology applications in business. The role holder will deliver chargeable Assessment, Design and Architecture Services to clients to define Cloud workload migration from the Data Centre into the Cloud. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a good level of knowledge, regarding leading Cloud technologies and organisations – supporting, cloud migration and competitive-win opportunities. Success is defined by successfully architecting solutions to customers that are ‘right first time’, that deliver outstanding customer satisfaction and are completed within time and budget assigned.
- Project delivery experience within one or more of the following Microsoft technology areas:
- Azure, Office 365, .NET, Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange
- 5+ years of Architectural Design experience in complex Cloud Projects and moving Data Centre workloads to the Cloud
- TOGAF certified
- Experience of working with a recognised project management methodology such as PRINCE2 or PMI to deliver complex solutions and lead multiple across multiple employees/partner/vendors
- Experience delivering successful projects with customers who demand the highest standards
- Strong communication style with the maturity to be able to adjust their style to get the best from the situation
- Excellent presentation skills, and proficient in the use of a variety of presentation tools
- Good self-awareness and able to identify when Influencing and/or negotiation skills are needed.
- Experience of developing accurate and concise project documentation that will be used by colleagues and customers
- Improvement-focused approach and able to recommend improvements to process
- Experience delivering and leading technical engagements, technical knowledge and the maturity to be accepted as an expert in their technology field.
- A team player - share, reuse and help the team evolve
- A can-do attitude that always puts the customer first.
The primary purposes of the role is to help customers select the right solutions for them to introduce Cloud Data & Storage Services into their current strategies using the right approach. Individuals who can demonstrate this type of experience first-hand will be strongly favoured, the following illustrates the types of skills we believe are important in this role.
- Formal Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF/Zachman/Etc.) Certification and/or Data Architecture Methodology Services.
- Formal Technical Qualifications in Microsoft SQL, Oracle Databases or AWS Data Services.
- Experience in data modelling and database design (Certifications desirable).
- Experience in storage system design (Structured and unstructured storage systems) – ideally within a Hybrid Cloud Environment.
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in established and emerging storage, data, database, data analytics, and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting techniques and technologies.
- Experienced or conversant in emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and Machine Learning technologies. The data architect will be experienced in one or more, and must understand them sufficiently to guide customers in understanding and adopting these technologies.
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture at a management and executive customer level - When the data architect initiates, evaluates, and influences projects they do so from the perspective of the entire organization.
- Experience in managing data, setting standards for data management, analysing the current state, conceiving desired future state, and conceiving projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Experience in all aspects of data security, including discovery, risk analysis, risk appraisals, encryption (at rest and inflight), monitoring, marking, masking, classification, sharing, etc.
- Experience in systems development: the data architect should understand the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Experience of formal modelling techniques such as UML and Enterprise Architecture Tools.
- Formal Data Security Experience would be desirable