Salary: negotiable + 10% company bonus and relocation assistance
Our client is one of the largest, most successful public companies worldwide. With 55,000 employees in 170 countries, this company offers a wide range of financial products, solutions and advisory services. Major international surveys consistently rank our client among the “Top 10 Big Companies to Work For”.
The Platform Manager is responsible for supporting and leading the design, development, technical design assurance and quality assurance for appropriate technical solutions deployed within our client’s Big data platform which support the stable operation of the organisation's services , applications and all of the application interfaces that deliver the end-to-end business process:
- Provide advice and guidance to Functional Leads, Senior developers, and other IS functions.
- Partner with Solution Architects and consult with external vendors to define and enforce data warehouse and BI standards.
- Create and review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of solutions.
- Define data dependencies between source systems and target outcomes (source, data lake, BI reporting etc.).
- Partner with appropriate business analysts, project sponsors, and EDAA leadership to translate business requirements into systems solutions.
- Enforce standards connected to the maintaining of the Big Data Platform and ecosystem tools and services, and review compliance to the agreed standards across the team.
- Guide and mentor the wider team members through technical solution deliverables.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of company source data and ability to self-educate when new business functionality presents itself.
The Platform Manager will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support for a number of key components in the Big Data product suite
Planning & financial responsibilities:
- Provide technical thought leadership, compare and contrast different technologies to meet business requirements and cost control drivers.
- Work with Business and IT groups to design and deliver a data integration and workflow framework that provides for the loading of data, data integration, quality management, aggregation, joins etc. and distribution to various systems using advanced Big data technologies.
- Impact assessment of changes to the platform due to key projects .
- Own and be accountable for producing quality deliverables and technical assurance/governance of the Big data solutions and services to ensure architecture scalability, extendibility, performance and bug free code.
- Work with key members of various IS teams to identify and resolve application issues, system enhancements, and design for new user requirements.
- Technical advisor, Development Manager/Technical Leader to ensure development and automated testing of solutions as per architecture and design.
- Produce & maintain the overall solution design for the entire Big Data Platform.
- Drive the execution of data strategy, design and architecture of solutions on the platform
- Proactively seek and assess new use cases, evaluate and recommend 3rd party products (e.g. archiving, encryption, NoSQL databases) which helps fill gaps within the service offering and map to the use cases.
- Enforce technical best practices for Big Data management and solutions, from software selection through to technical architectures and implementation processes.
- Document and publish best practices, guidelines, and training information.
- Work with Business consumers and BI development teams to enable data services on the Big Data Platform for integrating partner technologies like Teradata, Oracle, SQL server, Power BI, SAS, and R etc.
- Own the management of technical environments, version control tools and processes, automation of build/deployment processes, release management, quality control of solutions.
- Go-to person for technical guidance, help and expertise to consumer questions on technologies and services on the platform like Hive, Pig, Power BI, SAS, R etc.
- Ensure all functional solutions and components of the Big data service offerings, as a whole are designed and implemented in such a way that they always meet SLAs.
- Participate in the research, design and development of scaling strategies for our very large and growing data assets.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the support & delivery functions by maintaining awareness of technology developments and making appropriate recommendations to enhance application services.
- Partner with Business and developers in ensuring the possibilities afforded by the emergence of Big Data paradigm are well understood.
- Engage key stakeholders and evangelize Big Data platform both internally and externally leading to adoption within the business & IS in the most effective manner.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Lead or manage a team (peer reviews, team / project leadership), contribute to future architecture; work very collaboratively with the rest of the Big data solution teams.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to peers and junior teammates
- Provide consultative subject matter expertise; make suggestions for improvement.
- As senior developer, advocate best practices surrounding the software development life cycle and use your experience to mentor others.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- Strong and demonstrable people management experience managing cross-functional teams with proven experience of creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver.
- Very articulate with excellent written and spoken communication skills negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
- Ability to manage and influence senior stakeholder groups within a fast-paced environment, anticipating future requirements across multiple parallel projects/streams.
- Capable of articulating complex designs, code and applications for large scale projects to a simple to understand non-technical client-facing standard
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
- Proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits and efficient team/project structures.
- Passion for technology & understanding how things work.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and varied schedule. (e.g. during go-live).
- Have a strong development background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems, MPP, distributed computing systems and business intelligence.
- A very strong SQL background and experience but capable of thinking in terms of networks rather than tables.
- Demonstrable evidence of in-depth functional and technical knowledge in:
- Hadoop(Hortonworks), Yarn, Map Reduce,Tez, Spark
- Databases (DB2, Oracle, Oracle RAC, MS SQL, MySQL etc.)
- CPU and I/O concepts, Distributed File Systems, cluster and parallel compute architectures, In Memory, Distributed Data Grid, cloud computing
- Enterprise Application and information integration
- Data Dictionaries, Data Management tools and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge or experience of:
- MPP appliances (Teradata, Exadata, PDW, etc)
- Big Data visualisation and analytics (R, Datameer, Power BI, Pentaho, Spotfire etc)
- ETL tools such as Informatica DBE , Talend etc.
- Database types such as OLAP, Graph, Key Value, Object, XML, JSON, SQL, NOSQL, Tuple Store, Columnar, in-memory
- Hive, Pig and other data exploration/analysis languages or framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of Continuous Integration/Test Driven Development and Code Analysis including its application within the software development lifecycle.
- Hadoop Hortonworks Certification
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Inspiring, motivating and positive attitude and willing to take on any challenge.
- A positive mindset and a can-do-attitude determined to meet delivery and quality targets.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please call Lynda at +49179 2448630 or send an email to email@example.com and we will call you back asap.