The applications are large and extraordinarily complex, and they have to work reliably. We are looking for creative, and highly-skilled developers who enjoy thinking through deep and difficult technical problems, building software test-first, and collaborating closely with an impressive team of peers. Clear logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well in a team are essential qualities. For the most part, you will work in Java, but the company is also interested smart, motivated people who can learn, no matter what their technology skill set happens to be.
Although insurance software may sound boring, it's not. Sure, it's serious work, but the company uses cutting edge processes and technologies to deliver products that customers love. Pioneers in Agile development, the development process is sustainable, family-friendly, and fundamentally humane, and our client adopts a calm, systematic, and rational approach to business.
The Dublin centre was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing our client’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally. As a Senior Solution Consultant you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs following company best practices in integrating products with external applications to support customers globally. You will have direct contact with customers dedicated to projects where you flex full development lifecycle skills.
Ability to work in the Dublin area with occasional travel to the US, specifically to our client’s headquarters in California.
Learn and master the company’s suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of products for technical consulting.
Partner with on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements .
Configure applications and develop business rules using company software.
Develop custom integration programs to connect applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML.
Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to the development team.
Required skills/experience :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
· 2-3 years work experience building, supporting, or maintaining software applications
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in Portuguese, Spanish or German. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical project environment.
· Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, and experience developing object-oriented software applications using Java or similar technologies
· Demonstrated ability to write, troubleshoot, debug, and test software programs
· Experience troubleshooting, debugging, fixing, and testing code written by others
· Experience with and understanding of Web/J2EE architecture
Desired skills/experience :
· Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system
· Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
· Prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable, commercial enterprise software packages
· Experience with complex enterprise software systems that are integrated with legacy systems
· Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
· Experience with Tomcat, Web Logic, Websphere, SQL Server, Oracle Databases, Windows Server
· Experience working with customers and peers distributed widely over multiple countries, regions, and time zones.
· Commercial software development experience in an application development or consulting role.
Support Engineers work during regular business hours. Support management works with each team to make sure there is adequate support coverage for each business day.